Tuesday, July 6, 2010

U-Turn Town

I've decided to dub Tucson as U-Turn Town. As you drive down the street, you almost always have to make a U-turn to get where you want to go. All the main roads have medians and unfortunately city planning dropped the ball when it comes to convenience of travel. I sometimes try to beat the system by winding through a shopping center or office plaza to try to find the sweet spot in the median, only to find that I have not only NOT found it, but now I have to make a longer u-turn. Aaargh!
As I was driving down the street making yet another u-turn, trying not to get frustrated, I decided that the title was appropriate not only for the town, but for my life. Tucson has become the place in which I make my u-turn. For so long the road has been in the wrong direction. My health and fitness had become like the never ending road divided by a median of bad choices and lazy habits. Well, I found my u-turn in U-Turn Town and I am not taking another.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joy!
    Your perspective has changed greatly on so many things. It is nice that not only have you had a u-turn experience, but you also have a u-turn place to associate that experience with. You will never forget U-Turn town! Don't look back!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete