Saturday, July 3, 2010

"I was under the impression there would be no math..."


Almost at the four week mark. Cant believe its already been that long. Even though some of you don't want to know numbers, I am going to be totally transparent so SPOILER ALERT!!!!! I was measured yesterday and had my body fat checked. Over all, I have lost 8 inches. I have only lost 10 pounds as of this past Monday. When Matt checked my body fat, I lost 9%. This was the number that he was most excited about. He said that's a big amount to lose in a month. I guess it doesn't mean that much to me except forward progress. So, I go home and get out the calculator. 9% of my starting body weight is 27 pounds and some change. So does that mean I gained 17 pounds of muscle? Even though that sounds mathematically logical to me, I have a feeling it doesn't really work that way. I will have to have some discussion with Matt on Tuesday when I see him again.
By the way, the pic here is Matt, my trainer. I would say he's about 22 and is working on a nutrition degree from University of Arizona. Once finished, his goal is to go on to Physical Therapy school. He is a really neat guy who has been pulling out all the stops to help me reach my goals. He is sweet, but pushes and MAKES me do the hard stuff. He has been helping me with my food as well. Keeping me on task in terms of the right foods. He has proposed a different eating plan and I am considering it over this weekend. He said it will really begin to burn fat in a huge way. With only three weeks left, its tempting.
PS, you can hear part one of my interview on Family Life Radio's Intentional Living at http://www.theintentionallife.com/broadcast.asp The broadcast was on Wednesday, June 30. There will be a second part on July 22.

1 comment:

  1. I was figuring something like that was going on---great job Joy!!! You're doing an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete