Saturday, July 24, 2010

Final Numbers

Well, its almost over. Tomorrow will be seven weeks since I arrived in Tucson. Only 4 days til I am home, if you wondered. Since I gave you the ugly details when I started, I thought it only fair to give you a report on the final numbers.

  • 44 - Days in the gym
  • 14 - Workouts with a trainer
  • 5 - Times I did after saying I couldn't (I dont think Matt knows the words I Can't)
  • 30 - Workouts pushing myself
  • 50 - Water Aerobics classes
  • 14 - Kickboxing classes
  • 180 - Sit-ups at a "sitting"
  • ?? - Miles walked (maybe just under a million)
  • 0 - Days I went over my calories
  • 2 - Planned cheats (within calorie limits)
  • 3 - Restaurants eaten in
  • 1 - Zumba class
  • 2- Step classes

Oh, and I lost:
  • fear
  • inhibition
  • addiction to food
  • fear of failure
  • lack of discipline
  • and yes, pounds and inches

My journey is far from over and many of you will walk it with me daily. I know that 30 years of old habits and past failures will try to creep in from time to time. I am trusting God that the foundation has been laid for a new way of living. I have found the blog to be a great way for me to communicate what God and I have been up to. I will probably continue to blog as I walk down the long road ahead. As I look back over old blogs, it has become a testimony of where God has brought me.

I want to thank everyone who has followed and supported me through this "kick-off" phase of my journey. I could not have done it some days without your thoughts and prayers.

There is a quote on the gym wall: "Never let weakness tell you that you lack strength."


I think I will end with that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy! I have been following your journey closely. I am so impressed with your commitment, HARD work, and willingness to share this journey with us. I just know that God is already using your testimony to bless others! You are off to a solid start. You have learned the tools you need to achieve your goals and you have successfully put them into practice. You can do this!!! even back home :) So proud of you! Travel safely. Your friend in Christ, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is exciting Joy!! Look what you and the Lord have done together. That's alot!!! Continuing to pray for you and your family. Have a safe flight and hope to see you soon.
    Laurie
    P.S. Will continue to follow your journey, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete