Saturday, June 12, 2010

This has been a rough couple of days for me. Yesterday, Friday, I had a great morning and felt good. Walked to Walgreens (1.6 miles one way) to rend a redbox movie. Told myself I was going to have to work for it if I wanted to watch a movie. Came home and was fine. Went to the gym to work out with the trainer. I was working so hard sweat was pouring out of my head! When we finished, I felt very light headed and nauseous. I ended up sitting in the locker room for about 45 minutes before I could come back out and complete two other machines Matt had given me as homework. I still didn't feel great and he said to just hold off on the cardio part for now. I went home and made myself eat and drink water and laid down for a while. When I got up, I felt a bit better and felt like I should take a walk or something so I decided to walk to a bookstore (JUST TO LOOK) that is one mile away. I made it there ok and sat inside the store and finished my water. As I started to browse around, I started to feel light headed. I sat for a while and then went outside so I could eat the snack I had brought. I sat for a while but couldn't quite get rid of the dizzy, nauseous feeling. After a while I decided I better start for home, but knew I would need to go slow. I was really struggling, but felt bad calling a family member to come all the way out to drive me one block home. I started praying that God would help me to get home ok. Within about two minutes of praying, my parents pulled up to the curb next to me! They had been at Costco on the street I was walking on and saw me. They took me home and I pretty much hibernated last night. I woke up feeling the same this morning. My mom suggested it may be a combination of dehydration and blood pressure(I take a water pill with my blood pressure med). She thinks I am losing too much water through sweat and then adding the pill is just depleting my body. So, until I can talk to my doc on Monday, I am holding off on the water pill and trying to drink some Zero Powerade to try to replace some of the stuff my body has lost. I feel like a lump today but I think its wise to try to take a break until I can find some balance. The Arizona heat can be deceiving. When you sweat, it evaporates so quickly you don't realize how much you really are. The last couple of days have been a cold snap(92-95) and so its even more deceiving! If I can feel better, I think I will try to at least get in the pool this afternoon or evening. I hate that I am losing a day, but with the big picture in mind, I can't get so sick I lose more than that.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy!
    Sounds like your guardian angels have been on overtime:) God was there just when you needed Him and I know He will see you through all of this. I'm glad you are in tune to your body and what you need to do to keep going. Remember, slow and steady wins the race:)
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i hope that you feel soo much better and i'll
    see you when you get skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear how the first weigh in went.Hope its not anything like week two on the biggest loser.hear from you later.
    kaelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sister Joy, I'm soooooo proud of you and know you are going to experience amazing things through this rime of sacrifice and retraining. I'm with your mom and glad to hear your going to talk with your Dr. When you walk to the store is there a blood pressure machine there? It might be a good idea to watch that closely not just because of the sweating but also the heat and dietary changes. Jess helped me find your blog and we want you to know we are cheering for you. Love you!! Sus

    ReplyDelete