Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Press on Towards the Goal

What does that look like? I've been pondering that for a couple of days. What is the goal?
I know what it means in spiritual terms, but what does it look like for me in real life. Paul says, "I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
If I consider this verse in light of where I am, I have a LOT of forgetting to do of past stuff. The straining towards what is ahead is boggling me a bit. I realize my focus has been about losing weight. Of course thats an obvious goal, but what about the others, the "big picture" goals. I dont think I can clearly define those. I should have probably done so BEFORE starting this journey.
This has been a crazy week and I feel like I have been caught up in the immediate goal of weight loss. Since I havent lost the hoped for amount, I have to consider maybe there is something more. Something bigger. Something God wants to teach me (imagine that???) that is bigger than a few pounds. I think it might be HOW to press on towards the goal.
In the meantime, I will keep doing what I know to do, eat right, drink LOTS of water, and exercise. Lesson #1: discipline.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joy,
    Your thoughts are deep. You must feel like Abraham, not sure where the Lord is leading,but still willing to go wherever He leads. He has truly led you to this spot at this time and has a perfect plan for all of this. You are staying faithful and that's always the first and right thing to do. Six weeks from now you will have a different perspective and have a great story to tell to future generations of the goodness of the Lord.
    Love you much and praying for you lots,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    Faith is a journey & He is with you....always!!

    Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

    I believe you are right where God wants you to be, asking the questions you need to ask, seeking His guidance and committing to stay on task.

    Stay strong !!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete